Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Dot : The starting point


Guess wot i got
A li'll dog name Dot
She (so) cute and so tiny - just a month old
She'd gonna be huge soon though, i'm told

She's a sweet, sweeeet gentle Lab,
Who's changed everything; my life's no longer drab
She's my little bundle of joy
My child, my darling, my love, my toy

She's made being at home almost fun
Where I wanna stay, no longer wanna run
Mom and Dad now to me seem quite normal
More sorted and sane, not insanely formal

Thanks to her i watch no telly
Coz i take her for a walk (also good for my belly)
The PC no longer hot now, neither are books
Only Dot's hot.. we're so enamored by her looks
She's a dream - angel eyes and loving gaze,
Gosh I could go on...and on and on for days!
She's just perfect, no doubt about that
My lovable, huggable, kissable li'll brat

Come over sometime and meet li'll Dot
But remember, a present must surely be got
Values of materialiasm to her are being taught,
And come empty handed - you must not, not, not.

:)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... very nice.. especially the last para... lol...

and ya... we now call her Tasha.

luv..b :-*

April 14, 2006 at 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Guess wot i got
A li'll dog name Dot"

Yeats has rolled in his grave!!

RS this is the funniest (read best) piece you have ever written!

The beauty of the piece is that it is just-out-of-the-oven fresh. There is a certain element of naiveness in the subject that makes it so endearing. Your feelings for the 'she' dog comes out very strongly in the narrative. Your 'poem' becomes all the more endearing & childlike (which is good, given the subject) with the wonderful use of the 12 couplets.

May God bless her & I hope certain 'he' dogs (??) remain your "lovable, huggable, kissable li'll brat" & have not been upstaged by the bitch

April 15, 2006 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

Dearest dc

the world (small part of it that has read my blog) knows you better as "D" of the R & D fame... so why not keep it at that?

Secondly, I must admit you have made me blush very profusely with your comments. I merely put down my joy in words without giving a thought to how juvenile and "child like" it will read! :)

Anyway, I take it all as a compliment, and will not think that you were making fun of me :)

So, DO come over some time to see li'll Dot... but remember... you know what :)

big hug

RS

April 16, 2006 at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home