Sunday, January 08, 2006

My favorite landscape pictures

This picture I took in Dubai last year...
There's something magical about the desert. You never can imagine how lovely it looks until you see it for yourself. And it can really make you very melancholy.

Sunsets... universally loved and pictured. This one is of a glorious one that i saw from my balcony at home. Wherever I go I long to return to this home for the peace I find in the balcony..
Another sunset.. This one was at Bagha beach at Goa last Christmas. Goa's a place after my own heart and with Ad & Teffoo I had the most awesome time here. :) Oh the nostalgia!!
Foggy morning in Delhi.
That city is strange...so pretty and so hostile. So unlike Bombay. Someone told me once that no-one owns Bombay and yet it belongs to all, whereas in Delhi, its the opposite... Everyone owns Delhi, and yet it belongs to no-one!
Not so much of a landscape... but pretty nevertheless. Dubai is a city that amazes me with its contrast. The sea and the desert, the mosques and the night-clubs, the melee and the order..
This is a picture from my office in Diera overlooking the creek

4 Comments:

Blogger Pixychik said...

I'm glad you ilked it, blueorb. I think we're all photographers at heart.
And the shanti music idea sounds great! :)

January 10, 2006 at 4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur comment on Delhi:

Dilli sab ki hai, dilli ka koi nahi.

Dilli dilwalon i hai, par dilwala koi nahi....

January 28, 2006 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

Dear delhi boy,
u hit the nail on the head about dilli...

Hope you didn't find my description of delhi offending..

Wishing you all smiles..

January 29, 2006 at 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

However you may describe Delhi, it will always hold some meaning.

Well, an old saying goes that the waters of Delhi corrupt anyone who drinks it.

January 30, 2006 at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home