Friday, January 20, 2006

A strange love for animals

I have learnt that there are two things that I need to have around me, for me to love a place and feel like home there. 1 - the sea, and 2 - animal life forms. The former - has to be close enough to visit often, and ideally, needs to be visible from my home. I have fortunately always lived in such houses. The two years that I lived away from home in a land-locked city I realize in retrospect were the strangest and wierdest. I blame that on being away from the sea. Thankfully I made a decision to return to Bombay before any permanent mental damage could happen.
Anyway, the latter (animal life forms) includes stray dogs and cats and birds. I love them and get very suspicious of and uncomfortable at places where there seem to be none of these. My only crib with Dubai.
Other than that, I don't mind a rare glimpse of some harmless insects like grasshoppers and ants too - as long as they're in minuscule numbers and not really invading my home.
During monsoons I like the sight of rainy-creepy crawlies like earthworms and leaches, and that of the hoppy frogs.
Sighting an elephant is considered lucky and anyway since I like those gentle giants, a glimpse of one once in a while is good.
Camels I don't much care for... they belong in the desert and that's where they should remain. Cows and buffalos belong to the villages and that's where they should remain too.
There are others that are strictly forbidden from my home and surrounding - mosquitoes, cockroaches, lizards, any any other insect variety.
But in all the point remains that I like animals.


A regal eagle on its perch... In Dubai. I was STARVED for the sight of life-forms there.

Tried to make friends with Mr. Eagle, but I think he wasn't too impressed. Probably likes the look of the Lebanese girls better :(

In Dubai again - this cat was the 1st animal i saw after having spent a week there. I was so happy i took pictures. This is the best i could get...

So what if the eagle wasn't interested in me... I know one can always rely on our canine friends to be affectionate and totally delightful

Isn't this an 'aaaaawww' pic!! Found these little idiots yesterday at this place we'd gone to for a picnic. The mum was around and didn't look too welcoming of us city people... so I held back the urge to pick up one of these.

Anyway, I'm sure R&D are gonna wonder what's WITH me that i go on and on about these 'nature' and animal thingies!! :) Jokes will probably be made about this stuff, and I'm sure I'm in for some shit feedback...

But now that I understand them a bit, I know what the real problem is. Guys, I'm gonna write about u very soon, and you shall be so proud of me. Promise. Watch this space... :))

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey... u forgot to write bout the animal that lives in our house!;-)
hehehe...

January 22, 2006 at 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cleverly concealed your face.

January 28, 2006 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

Hello anonymous,

Pretty perceptive of u to note that.. Anyway, its a deliberate attempt to keep the blog anonymous :)

Stay all smiles always

January 29, 2006 at 8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so it really is u. i was shooting in the dark .... ;D

January 30, 2006 at 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home