Friday, August 29, 2008

la grande seduction

The big showdown

He (shell-shocked): "What?? You what?! How could you do this to me?"
She (panic-stricken, afraid): "I'm sorry honey...am so so sorry, please forgive me... i love you!"
He (furiously, yelling): "Don't honey me... you betrayed me... you let me down! Why did you even bother to tell me?"
She (whimpering): "Please understand honey – It was Sandy, he gave me something to drink and i don’t know what happened then. I was high, i couldn't help it... it was a mistake. Look, at least am honest and am telling you... i could keep quiet about and you’d never know"
He (very hurt): "Oh yeah? So what am i supposed to do? Give you an award for your honesty? I could never trust you again. Go away! I don't wanna see your face..GO!!"
She (desperately, in tears): "Honey, i'm saying sorry, i truly am. None of this would've happened if you'd come to the pub with me... i swear. It's because of the alcohol. It wasn’t my fault... i wasn’t strong enough. I love you...I'll do anything to make it up to you..."
He (steely determination): "There is nothing you can do to make it better. It's ruined. It'll never be the same again. My will, my spirit.. it’s broken. I can't do this anymore. I'm going out" (rushes out the door)
She (runs behind him): "NO! No honey, please... you don't go, please. I made a mistake... you don't do the same. Don't get even with me like this. Please."
He (looks back over his shoulder): "No darling. I have to do this. All this time, you were my strength, my reason for being good. Now you went to that pub and had a smoke, so good for you. I'm gonna have one too. I've been dying for one for the last one week! You can’t stop me. Let me gooooo!!!!" (And runs down the stairs three at a time, with a crazed look on face and hands twitching)

And so he went back to smoking after 10 days of refraining. Maybe when he quits the next time – the eighth time - he’ll succeed in staying off it for good.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh my gawd!!! you are so mad!!! thats why they call you melodrama queen!!!

btw.. wtf.. you said you don smoke. wait i ll also start now. hhmmpphhhh....

August 30, 2008 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

bharti,

1. last i knew it was 'drama queen'. When exactly did you promote me to a higher rank? And do i get a raise too, then?

2. whoever said this was about me and hubby?

3. Even if it were me, did you not understand? 'She' is NOT a smoker... she just had ONE stupid cig (maybe half) at a pub and all hell broke loose.

4. Hhmmpphhh....yourself!

August 30, 2008 at 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duddeeee. I totally thought this was about something else.
PHEW.

Lol.

September 2, 2008 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

@genie - Desired consumer response! whoopie! :)

September 2, 2008 at 8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey.. this was really gripping!

November 2, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home