Monday, May 15, 2006

den richtigen augenblick abawarten

Sis can be sweet when she wants to (like when she writes nice stuff about me on her blog, or when she buys me a cheap t-shirt from westside), but she can be a real bitch too. Like when she refuses to do what i ask her to, or to get me food and drink when i come home tired, or to iron my clothes.
But most of all, she's the supreme pain when she tells me to shut up when i'm singing along while listening to my music on headphones.
Now, I don't (ahem!!) sing badly at all, and neither do i blare music so loud that i don't know how loudly i'm singing. So there's every reason for her to enjoy the free entertainment I provide. But does she? Oh no, of course not. What she does is, tells me to shut up.
Not a thought for my feelings or the fact that considering I'm hardly ever home anyway she should just indulge me in my little pleasures.
Like a few minutes ago, i was listening to Wish you were here from Pink Floyd, and i'm sure u'd agree that it is just not possible to not hum that song along. And so here i was, singing along.
Alright, so there were all these guitar sounds that you could say i could have avoided.. and I would buy it. So she could ask me only to stop making those twing-twang-a-twang sounds and concentrate only on the lyrics, and I would've gladly done so. But I told you, she's to be a bitch.
She just callously told me shut up...
Then the unplugged version of Heaven (BA) started. Now, you could say my taste is so popish and i'm such a silly romantic to like such weepy songs, but the fact reamins that I just love bryan adams (i think many more people than will admit, do). This song inparticular sounds damn good unplugged, and i just couldn't help singing along (rather well too).
Guess who was lying on the bed behind me reading a book. Yup, the demon woman herself. And trust me, I could FEEEEEEEL her stare peircing into my back, daring me to sing one more line. Unable to contain myself out of fear for my life, i turned around to see her whether it was my imagination or if she was really reacting like that... and sure enough, there she was with a book in her hands and eyes looking up at me, giving me the death stare.
I mean, I don't get it u know. I'd be happy to hear someone sing me a sweet lullaby. Not like her... bloody wierdo.
Grrr... very cheesed off!! >:-(
Anyway, the point is, that JUST for this ONE reason, i'll be happy when she goes away to her college in July. I'll miss her for somethings, but this one thing i'll be happy to have her away :)
Hahaha...the comp (and the headphones) will be ALL mine. No one could stop me then...
I can, and i will wait (rubbing hands, eyes narrowing and gleaming in wicked delight)...
I will bide my time!

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What??!!I dont give you food and iron your clothes?! And who does???
As for you and your impeccable singing talent, ya... you do sing pretty well. Especially Staying alive and Black or white... Infact its good fun to see you sing those songs... hahahaha....
Btw... Comp is not half as much fun if you dont have to fight for it. Trust me... I enjoy using the comp most when you are shouting at me to let you use it for some time.
Oh.... I am listening to Wish you were here... and you are right... it is difficult to not sing along. Infact I think I am singing very loudly, cos the song is blaring in my ears... but its ok... I have the comp and the room all to myself right now. Hehehahahahaha....

May 16, 2006 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Errrr.... btw... whats the title of this post??? I hope they are not french gaalis or something.

May 16, 2006 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

The title of this post meant that you are a rotten egg and that i don't like you one bit!!

May 18, 2006 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger lemontree said...

hey i have to hear you sing staying alive in hindi the next time you are in town- cant wait- picked up this little pearl of wisdom from bharti's blog

May 19, 2006 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lol.... Sis.. funny!!!:-))

May 19, 2006 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

dear Lemontree,
you are making me dread my next trip to delhi.
Trust me there is no hindi version of Stayin Alive,...its just a figment of my sis's imagination

:)

May 19, 2006 at 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alisha_brownegirl (5/21/2006 11:46:49 PM): hey if ur sis can sing to Jordis Unga's the man who sold the world in hindi..then i need to get me sum tickets to that show..

A friend of mine...

Luv.. B

May 22, 2006 at 5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a punjabi version of Hotel California....

And stayin alive already has a near hindi version from the good old movie 'Guide' which goes 'aaj fir jeene ki tamanna ai'--> staying alive of sorts

May 22, 2006 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

My next blog entry will be a disclaimer about all the false non-sense that my sis keeps propagating about me! :)

Delhi Boy, u had us in splits with that version of yours

Sis, i like yr friends showing interest in me, but not like this, dude!!

May 22, 2006 at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home